Our day begins with a pleasant tour throughout the Tuscan countryside. We head to PIENZA to enjoy a visit of this true architectural masterpiece.
Pienza is a rare example of a Renaissance town, often described as the "ideal Reinassance town". It is located in the wonderful Val d´Orcia, a beautiful and unspoilt region where you can still see a balance between man and nature. For this reason it was declared UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2000.
Afterwards, we move to a grain mill located in a beautiful castle of the 12th century.
Here you will have the chance to see the grinding of the organic farming seeds and the production of flour. See how they produce dry pasta, too -a great italian product. The mixer will knead the flour and the final paste will be positioned in the dryer in order to make it suitable to be wrapped.
Enjoy a light lunch with local products matched with extra virgin olive oil and wine produced by the same farm.
✓ Visit of Pienza
✓ Visit of a mill
✓ Light lunch at the farm
✓ Half day Tour Leader
✓ Local taxes
x Car/Van or Bus
x Local guide in Pienza
– The Mill and pasta factory is 10 km far from Pienza – 8 kms from S. Quirico – 5 kms from Bagno Vignoni – 18 kms from Montepulciano – 21 kms from Montalcino – 52 kms from Siena ( 1 hour direction Rome)
– Amedeo, the owner, doesn´t speak English but he greets the clients in a fine and easy way (clients will always be assisted by a tour leader)
– The tasting room is very nice and the organic products are really good. The factory also produces Orcia wine and olive oil, so the tasting will be really complete.
– The factory is in Val d´Orcia, a Unesco World Heritage Site
– Distances: 1 hour and 40 minutes from Florence – 2 hours from Rome – 1 hour from Siena – 1 hour and 15 minutes from Perugia.