Our day starts with a visit of the beautiful town of CORTONA. From its 500 meters above the sea level Cortona dominates the entire Valdichiana. It offers a spectacular view that stretches from Trasimeno Lake to the peaks of Mount Amiata. It is all surrounded by Medieval walls that -together with a few fine Renaissance palaces- give the town an evocative atmosphere.
Afterwards, enjoy a light lunch in a local WINE FARM.
The farmers are two young entrepreneurs from northern Italy. They came to Tuscany to lead this little farm and produce wine. They also decided to have a lot of free-living animals in complete harmony with nature. Children will be happy to meet them at the farm!
After lunch, enjoy a visit to the National Museum of Chiusi. Around the 6th century BC Chiusi was one of the most powerful cities in the Etruscan league. All the remains found in the Etruscan tombs of the surrounding countryside can be seen at the National Etruscan Museum of Chiusi.
✓ Full day tour leader
✓ Visit of Cortona
✓ Visit of a beautiful wine cellar with wine tasting
✓ Light lunch in the farm (beverages included)
– All the places are close to each other. They are located in the area of Cortona -on the border between Umbria and Tuscany.
– It is possible to organize this tour during a transfer from Rome to Florence and viceversa.
– This tour can be organized with a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 25 persons.
– This tour is particularly suitable for families with children, since the farm has a lot of animals.
– This tour can be done all year round except on Sundays.
– Distances: Siena 50 km - Arezzo 30 km - Perugia 50 km - Florence 100 km - Rome 170 km